Helping Seniors Organize/Downsize/Relocate
Our mission is to provide high quality relocation services and advanced relocation counseling through dedication and excellence to older adults and their families with the physical and emotional aspects of moving and delivering professional senior move management services with compassion and integrity.
If you are a senior and or the family of a senior faced with the task of moving yourself or a parent to another home, retirement community, independent senior living center, assisted living, or a long term care community, we can help.
As a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers, we have the expertise to assist you move through the stages of a relocation. Ben and Alison McDaniel are certified Senior Move Consultants through NASMM. Alison’s Relocations, Inc. can coordinate and assist with your move from start to finish; packing, unpacking and set up at your new home or you may select only the services you desire from our list of services to choose from. We understand when changes to health, ability or lifestyle occur; a relocation can become more than a choice for seniors in their later years; it may be a necessity you are not prepared for.
Many seniors are fearful and hesitant to move because the task of arranging and organizing one’s possessions seems daunting and overwhelming. At Alison’s Relocation Inc. we can help to alleviate the stress and aggravation by helping you coordinate a timetable and schedule that maximizes the moving procedure with the most economical means.
- Obtain measurements to ensure that possessions will fit into the new surroundings.
- Visit both homes to evaluate space.
- Organize important documents.
- Coordinate the services of our movers to pack and transport furnishings and household items.
- Arrange the shipping of items to family members.
- Assist/oversee movers as they pack the truck with contents of the home.
- Help to sort and downsize contents of the present home (discarding items at the senior's and or family members discretion).
- Establish a timetable.
- Create a disc of photos from the residence.
- Professional cleaning services.
- Assist /direct movers as they unload the truck at the new home.
- Unpack boxes and put away belongings.
- Set up all rooms - kitchen, living room, bathrooms, etc.
- Coordinate an estate liquidator, charity pick up and rubbish removal.
- Coordinate the realtors, renovators and home staging, preparing the home for sale.
- Provide the home inspection for the sale or rental of the home and arrange repairs.